The information below will assist you on using your Worldwide 250 plan, billing, and troubleshooting and Frequently Asked questions.
When you subscribe to our WW 250 calling plan, on the first day of each month, 250 minutes will automatically be added to your account (maximum 250 minutes per account).
Charter will bill your Phone account $20 each month for the 250 minutes.
You have through the last day of each month to use up the minutes in your account (example: January 1 to January 31).
- Unused minutes will not roll over into the next month.
- You will not be able to refresh your account during the same month once you have used all 250 minutes. Additional international calls can be made on a rate per minute basis.
- Calls to mobile and satellite devices are not included in the plan.
- The Charter Phone Worldwide 250 offers calling to more than 200 countries. Calls to mobile devices are not included. Click here to see a complete list of countries included in the plan (PDF).
- Audible warnings are received when balance gets to 5 minutes and 1 minute. The call is disconnected after the final minute is used. If you want to continue the call, you must place a new call and will be billed regular International rates for the call.
- Once all minutes are used for the month, the system does not allow a call to go through if you use *250 to make the call. Instead, you will hear a message stating that you have exceeded the 250 minutes for the month.
- If you have used all the minutes in your Worldwide 250 Calling plan, and need to make an International call before the 1st of the next month you can dial 011 + country code + city code + local number directly and will be billed Charter's International per minute rate for the call
When *250 is dialed, the call is not itemized on your bill and call details are not available on your statement. You can view your call detail at https://app1.idt.net/debit/2.0/charter/account/login.aspx
WW250 Country List
Placing International Calls
Using Worldwide 250 minutes
From your home phone, dial * + 250 and follow the prompts.
- Each time you dial * + 250, you will hear your minute balance so you won't have to guess how many minutes are remaining.
- If you need to make an international call before the first of the next month, you can use Charter's low rates per minute by directly dialing 011.
Using Regular International Rates
From your home phone, dial 011 + country code + city code + local number.
- You will be connected at Charter's low international rates per minute. There are no monthly fees and no connection fees.
- To see a full listing of Charter's international rates per minute visit the International Rates per Minute lookup and choose either the Residential or Business Rates link.
- To look up a country code, click here.
back to top »
I am Dialing * + 250 from My Home Phone, and it Doesn't Work
The Charter Phone Worldwide 250 may not be activated for your account. Call customer care at 1-888-438-2427 for more information, or to sign up for the Charter Phone Worldwide 250.
I am Dialing the Digits 250 from My Home Phone, and it Doesn't Work.
Be sure you are pressing * before dialing the digits 250. Without pressing * before 250, your call will not go through.
Making an International Call Once I Have Used Up My 250 Minutes for the Month
International rate per minute calls can be made by dialing 011 + country code + city code + local number. These charges will be reflected on your next Charter Phone statement.
I Can't Hear the Person on the Other End of the Phone
Charter offers the highest international calling quality available. Visit charter.com/phonehelp, click troubleshooting if you are experiencing this type of issue
back to top »
If you hear the following messages after dialing *250...
The Number You Have Entered is an Out-Of-Plan Destination.
Check the number to ensure that you are calling a valid landline telephone. Worldwide 250 is not available for calling to mobile devices and select countries. To view a complete list of countries and country codes offered, click here http://connect.charter.com/landing/exterior/ww250.html.
When Trying to Call Puerto Rico Or Canada: “The Number You Have Entered is an Out-Of-Plan Destination.”
Puerto Rico and Canada are not included in the Charter Phone Worldwide 250. Charter's Phone's Unlimited Package includes unlimited calling within the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Our Records Indicate You Have Exhausted Your Supply of 250 Minutes for This Calendar Month.
This message indicates that you have used up all 250 minutes in your calling plan for this month. You will automatically receive a new batch of 250 minutes on the first day of the next month.
*250 Calling is Not Available On This Line.
To be able to use * 250 and the Charter Phone Worldwide 250, you must first contact us to add the service to your account. Once you have signed up, * 250 calling will become available within 48 hours.
back to top »
Accessing Your Account Information
Checking Your Minute Balance and Account Billing Information
Signing In to Your Account
- Dial * + 250 from your Charter home phone. After you hear the greeting, dial 225 at the prompt to hear your minute balance.
- To view account information online, visit the Account Login page and click on Charter Phone Worldwide 250. From there, click on the Account Information link and sign in to your account. Once you have signed in, you can check your minute balance and view call details and billing history.
Visit the Account Login page.
User Name: Enter your 10-digit Charter home phone number.
Password: The default password the first time you log in will be the last four digits of your Charter home phone number. You'll be prompted to change your password to a new four-digit number. Select a four-digit number that will be easy to remember.
The next time you log in, use the new four-digit number you selected.
Once you are logged in, you will be able to review the following information:
- Minute Balance: Check the current monthly minute balance in your account. Minute balance is delayed by 24 hours.
- Call Details: View your most recent calls, the number of minutes, country called, time and day.
- Billing History: Review your monthly billing history.
Receive an “Invalid Pin” Message When I am Trying to Change My Online Password
Please try again by selecting any four new numbers (not the last four digits of your home phone number).
Seeing International Call Details Listed in My Charter Phone Statement
Your call details will not be available on your paper statement. They can be viewed online when you log in to your Worldwide 250 account at the Account login page.
back to top »
Terms & Conditions
The Charter Phone Worldwide 250 is available only to Charter residential local service customers.
Rate is in addition to local line and other services. Plan requires use of an access code (*250). Plan is limited to 250 minutes per calendar month.
Minutes are refreshed on first day of each calendar month. Calls to mobile devices are not included. Taxes and fees are extra. Click here for full list of countries included in plan. Service is not available in all areas. Other restrictions may apply.
back to top »
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Have to Use My 250 Minutes?
You have one calendar month to use all of your minutes. You will receive 250 minutes on the first day of each month, and you have until the last day of the month to use all of your minutes. Any unused minutes will expire at the end of the month.
Unused Minutes Do Not Roll Over Into the Next Month
No. Unused minutes do not roll over into the next month, and they will expire after the last day of each month. At the beginning of each month, a maximum of 250 minutes will automatically be added to your account.
Countries I Can Call Using This Plan
The Charter Phone Worldwide 250 includes calling to more than 200 countries. For a complete listing of countries included, click here (PDF).
Will the WW250 Plan Cover Satellite Calls to Cruise Ships?
No. Please refer to the Oceanic Satellite System calling rates found here: http://charter.com/phone/international.
Charges Incurred If I Forget to Dial * + 250 and I Instead Dial 011 Directly from My Home Phone
You will be billed for your international call based on Charter's regular international rates per minute for the destination you have called. These charges will be reflected on your next statement.
How Soon Will I Be Able to Use My Charter Phone Worldwide 250?
If you are a new Charter Phone customer, the Charter Phone Worldwide 250 will be available the same day that the new order is completed. If you are already a current Charter Phone customer, Worldwide 250 calling will become available the same day that your upgrade order is completed.
Connection and Maintenance Fees with Charter Phone Worldwide 250
No. There are no maintenance fees or connection charges. You will only be charged $20 each month on your Charter Phone statement.
How Many Minutes Will I Receive If I Sign Up for the Charter Phone Worldwide 250 in the Middle of the Month?
You will receive 250 minutes to use within a calendar month, even if you sign up mid-month. For example, if you sign up on the 15th, you will receive 250 minutes in your account. Those minutes must be used by the last day of the month or they will expire. You will automatically receive another 250 minutes on the 1st day of the next month.
Can I Call * + 250 Using My Cell Phone?
No, the plan will not work through your cell phone. The Charter Phone Worldwide 250 is only available from your Charter home phone.
Can I Have Charter Phone Worldwide 250 and International Toll Block on My Account
No, you will first need to remove the International Toll Block. Contact us to remove your toll block and add the World Wide250.
back to top »