E-mail :: Print
To prevent packet drops or jitter when streaming high-quality video, you can create a separate WiFi network on the 5 GHz radio band of the router, and connect all of your media-streaming devices, or PCs that you use to stream video, to this WiFi network.
Note: The Netgear WNDR4300 DOES NOT support setting up a Video Network.
- Launch a browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the router
- In the address bar type routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com and press Enter
The login window displays:
- Enter your user name and password. Note: The user name and password is case sensitive
The default user name is: admin
The default password is: password
- Click the OK button
You will be taken to the router’s Home Screen
back to top »
Please note that the Netgear WNDR4300 (Silver Label) DOES NOT support setting up a Video Network.
- Login to the Netgear Router. Click here for instructions
- Under Basic select Guest Network
- Scroll down to the Wireless Settings (5GHz a/n) section, and type a new Guest Wireless Network Name (SSID). This will be your new Wi-Fi network. For example, you could call it Charter WiFi Video Network
- Select the Enable Video Network radio button
- Click Apply
- Connect your media-streaming devices, or PCs that you use to stream video, to this separate WiFi network
back to top »