E-mail :: Print
Netgear WNDR3800 (Red Label)
Netgear WNDR4300 (Silver Label)
Charter residential internet users are assigned a dynamic IP address. This means the IP address Charter assigned you may change from time to time. With Dynamic DNS (DDNS) you can register a domain name that automatically updates when your IP address changes. Accessing cameras, computers and DVR's remotely are common reasons for using DDNS.
- Launch a browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the router
- In the address bar type routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com and press Enter
The login window displays:
- Enter your user name and password. Note: The user name and password is case sensitive
The default user name is: admin
The default password is: password
- Click the OK button
You will be taken to the router’s Home Screen
back to top »
Dynamic DNS Setup
The router contains a client that can connect to the Dynamic DNS (DDNS) service provided by DynDNS.org. First visit http://www.dyn.com/dns and obtain an account and host name that you configure in the router. Whenever your IP address changes, your router automatically contacts the Dynamic DNS service provider, logs in to your account, and registers your new IP address.
- Login to the router. Click here for instructions
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click Advanced Setup
- Click Dynamic DNS
- Select the Use a Dynamic DNS Service check box
- Type the host name (or domain name) that your Dynamic DNS service provider gave you
- Type the user name for your Dynamic DNS account This is the name that you use to log in to your account, not your host name
- Type the password (or key) for your Dynamic DNS account
- Click Apply to save your configuration
Charter does not provide technical support for the Dynamic DNS feature of the router used by some Charter WiFi customers.
While Charter is able to support most advanced features of this router, the foregoing feature may require that you establish an individual relationship with vendors such as Netgear or dyndns.org, or require the use of a customer owned third-party device. As a result, Charter does not have the visibility necessary to assist with setup or support for this service. You may visit the vendor's websites for more information on setting up or troubleshooting this service. Please be advised that these vendors may charge for support for this feature.
back to top »