E-mail :: Print
Netgear WNDR3800 (Red Label)
Netgear WNDR4300 (Silver Label)
Use the following steps to update the firmware on your Charter WiFi Netgear router.
- Launch a browser from a computer that is connected to the router using a wired connection.
- In the address bar type routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com and press Enter.
The login window displays:
- Enter your user name and password. Note: The user name and password are case sensitive.
- The default user name is: admin
- The default password is: password
- Click the OK button. You will be taken to the routers home screen. If the Firmware is outdated, a message will appear at the top of the screen.
- Click on the message to proceed with updating the firmware.
- The Firmware Upgrade Assistant page displays the current router firmware version and the latest upgrade available, as well as the firmware improvement changes. Click Yes to proceed with the firmware upgrade.
- The new firmware will begin downloading.
- Once downloaded, the new firmware will begin to install to your router.
- Once the new firmware is installed, your settings will be updated.
- After logging back into your router with your user name and password, the new firmware version will be displayed and the alert message will be removed.
back to top »