Note: Charter Learning Pack Online is no longer available to new subscribers.
Learning Pack Online is a comprehensive online service that offers the best in educational software.
- One-stop homework help solution for parents and kids that's easy to use
- Comprehensive coverage of key school subjects across grades K-12
- Award-winning knowledge partners targeting different learning levels, and a leading online reference source
- Product-based progress reports for parents
- Engaging broadband video, animation and interactive tutorials to make learning more fun
- Available at charter.net/learning
Learning Pack Online
Services Included in Learning Pack Online
- Nick Jr. Boost- enjoy Nickelodeon's online educational service, ideal for children ages 3 through 6.
- Award Funways- a 3D virtual world with compelling learning tools, games and activities for Pre-K kids.
- Clever Island- interactive games developed by experts from Harvard, Hanna Barbera and the Learning Company, for kids grades K-3.
- I Know That- activities in Language Arts, Science, Math, Geography and more, for grades K-5.
- Hoopah KidsView- create a kid friendly view of your computer that is safe and image driven, for kids Pre-K to grade 6.
- DK Learning Games- includes 3D World Atlas, I Love Spelling, Punctuation Made Easy and many other activities for students Pre-K to grade 8.
- Encyclopedia Britannica- comprehensive encyclopedia trusted by over 7 million students, ideal for grades 4-12.
- Boston Test Prep- online help for SAT score improvement, exam drills, testing tips and test reducing anxiety activities, for students grades 9-12.
Nick Jr. Boost
Nick Jr. Boost is an educational online subscription service brought to Charter customers by the creators of Nick Jr., people who really know kids. It's the same great educational service as myNOGGIN, just with a new exciting name! Designed for preschoolers through first graders, Nick Jr. Boost is an educational service that provides the same high quality learning experience that children love and parents trust, with an extra bonus: it's totally personalized.
Nick Jr. Boost Includes:
- Activities that suit your preschooler’s learning style
- Progress reports for Parents
- Educator curriculum
- Safe and ad-free environment
Funways is a 3D virtual world that children explore with the help of a personalized avatar
- Compelling learning tools, games, and activities
- Designed to promote learning in four key areas of literacy, math, creativity, and values
Clever Island, developed by leading child development expert and Harvard PhD Laurence Miller, is the ideal supplement to children's classroom activities.
- 90 interactive games and activities targeting 27 learning skills, regular updates
- Clever parent center with kids' progress reports
- Ranked above Disney and LeapFrog in AOL audience testing
- All content is premium
I Know That?
I Know That is premium content full of fun learning activities and games with hundreds of topics in math, language arts, science, social studies and more.
- Over 40 learning platforms
- Cross-disciplinary approach to Language Arts, Science, Math, Geography and more
- Safe social learning environment
- Game-like activities
- Premium service includes- Progress reports, Message Center, Homework Helpers, Quiz Center
Hoopah Kidsview is a kid friendly view of your computer.
- Completely safe online environment for children.
- Protects other files and programs.
- Image-driven—great for younger kids to play and learn with
DK Learning Games
DK Learning is high-caliber content from well-known children's publisher Dorling Kindersley.
- Includes a wide range of a educational games and activities
- Titles are specially designed for kids preschool to pre-teen including 3D World Atlas, I Love Spelling, Punctuation Made Easy, And Many More
Encyclopedia Britannica is the most comprehensive English-language encyclopedia.
- Over 120,000 articles, updated world atlas, thousands of images and videos, 300,000 articles
- Trusted by over 7 million students
- Premium service includes full articles, images, video and multimedia
Boston Test Prep
Boston Test Prep is an SAT score improvement Program.
- Hundreds of exam drills, testing tips and strategies, students target weaknesses
- Builds confidence, reduces text anxiety
- BTP Blog test date reminder
- All content is premium
back to top »
General System Requirements
Due to the high resolution and use of video with our premium content providers, we recommend that your computer meet the following minimum hardware and software requirements.
Note: Learning Pack Online premiums may not be optimized for Mac users and browsers other than Internet Explorer.
- Any Intel or AMD processor, 400mhz or faster
- Windows XP or newer operating system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (cookies enabled)
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- RealPlayer 6.0 or higher
- Macromedia Flash Plug-In (required for Charter Music)
- Shockwave Plug-in (required for Shockwave.com™ Unlimited)
- Active X Plug-in (for streaming video over IE)
- 256 MB RAM
- 16-bit sound card and speakers
- 65,000-color video display card
Username and Password
The username is your complete Charter email address including the domain (for example, email@example.com). Your portal login password is your Charter email password. Note: Some markets have other domains like chartermi.net; these domains will also work with the exception of "vanity domains" or custom domains created for businesses, commercial purposes, etc. These domains are not available to our residential customers. Also, if you insert the wrong domain name, you will not be able to log in. Per Charter's request, the error message does not specify the issue; it will only state that the username is invalid.
Plug-Ins Or Media Players
Please find the link to our "Get Plug-Ins" located at the footer of www.charter.net. This link allows customers to simply click and have their desktop scanned for available Plug-ins and those needed for optimal use of the services available through the portal. Clicking on this link will result in a window advising of any Plug-ins needed with links to download the software. RealPlayer is the only plug-in required to view the portal content. The rest may be required to access premium content.
Sharing Learning Pack Online Subscription
Unless you share your login information with others, only you will be able to access your premium online subscriptions. To prevent others from accessing your premium content, please keep your login information confidential.
Learning Pack Online will simply be included on your monthly Charter statement. No credit card or separate monthly bills are required; just easy access to the best online premium services!
back to top »
Troubleshooting Learning Pack Online
Service Dropping Connection
You may have "Cookies" turned off for your Web browser. Cookies allow the Charter system to recognize you and "find" your login and credentials as you navigate throughout the many content partners in your subscription. To switch Cookies on, click on Tools, Internet Options, and Privacy. Select a Privacy setting of "Medium" or lower, which will enable Cookies and provide a seamless subscription content viewing experience.
If you can't access your content because of a failed password or broken link, please chat online or call 1-888-438-2427.
Learning Pack Online Access
Learning Pack Online provides a unique bundle and discount for Learning Pack Online customers accessing the premium content through the Charter.net portal. In order to provide this service, you must log in through your Charter portal page, located at www.charter.net
If you already had RealPlayer installed before you downloaded Netscape, you will have to re-install RealPlayer in order to make the controls work properly.
Unable To View Learning Pack Online Premium Content
If you can't view www.charter.net or a premium content video stream:
- Alternatively, you can enable Cookies at this time in the Privacy settings. The "Default" security setting will switch on all three features at once. Click Apply to save the changes.
- You may have outdated or incompatible versions of video playing programs on your computer. To check for the latest version of RealPlayer, Flash Player, Shockwave, or Windows Media Player, click on Get Plug-Ins, located in the footer of www.charter.net. This link allows customers to simply click and have their desktop scanned for available Plug-ins and those needed for optimal use of the services available through the portal. Clicking on this link will result in a window advising of any Plug-ins needed with links to download the software. RealPlayer is the only plug-in required to view the portal content. The rest may be required to access premium content.
- Finally, you may be experiencing Internet congestion that is causing slow download and streaming speeds. If the video player tries to re-buffer the stream more than 3 times during the video, close the video pop-up window and select a smaller stream. Internet congestion is common at peak usage hours, and unless it persists for more than an hour, you do not need to contact Charter.
back to top »