E-mail :: Print
With Parental Controls, you decide what you want your kids to watch and block programs you don’t want them to see. By setting up a Personal Identification Number (PIN), you are able to block viewing by specific channel, show rating, or shows during specific times of day.
Motorola / TV Guide Parental Controls
Parental Locks and Purchase PINs
Parental Locks allow you to restrict viewing and purchases of TV programming based on your viewing preferences. Set a personalized 4-digit PIN and you can place Locks on selected ratings, channels and titles. You can also hide adult titles from being displayed in the programming grid.
- Press Menu
- Use arrows buttons to select the Lock icon
- Enter PIN info
- Highlight and Select Hide Titles
- Highlight and Select Hide Titles of Adult Programs
- Press Exit to return to programming
Your Parental Locks PIN allows you to restrict viewing of programs. Your Purchase PIN is used to restrict additional programming purchases like Premium channels or On Demand movies.
- Select Setup from the Main Menu.
- Select PIN Setup.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up, clear or change your PINs.
Parental Locks Setup
Set Locks anytime in the guide or while watching television. Use the LOCK icon on an information screen. Enter your 4-digit Parental Locks PIN and lock the channel, title or rating using the on-screen prompts. You can also set locks from the Setup Menu. From the Main Menu select Setup, then Locks Setup. Use the Directional buttons to make your selections and then press the OK/Select button to confirm each setting.
Parental Locks for On Demand
All On Demand access points can be locked using Service Locks Setup from the Setup Menu.
View Locked Programs, Bypass or Clear Locks
To view programs and channels you have locked, tune to the program or select it from the listings. Enter your PIN when prompted. To bypass or clear locks, temporarily open or clear all locks for easier viewing. Select Master Locks from the Locks Setup screen and change the options from No to Yes.
Locks may be restored in any of the following ways:
- Press the LOCK button in the guide and enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Select Locks Setup from the Setup Menu, then select YES to turn locks back on.
- Turn the set-top box off and back on to reactivate your locks.
back to top »