E-mail :: Print
A newsgroup is a community of people engaged in an ongoing conversation about a particular topic or a particular range of topics. Sometimes the participants are conversing in real time, but often hours or even days might pass between replies in a conversation.
Note: As of November 15, 2012, Charter will no longer offer our Newsgroups service.
Please find instructions on how to add a newsgroup to Outlook Express below.
- Click on Tools, then click on Accounts.
- Click on the News tab.
- Click on the Add button, and click on News to start the News Internet Connection Wizard.
- Enter your complete name and click Next.
- Enter your e-mail address and click Next.
- Enter the name of the newsgroup server you wish to connect to. If the newsgroup server requires a log on, check the box titled My news server requires me to log on. Then click Next. On the next screen, enter a familiar name that will then appear in the Internet Account window, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Outlook Express will prompt you to download Newsgroups. Click Yes.
- Newsgroups will download. This process could take a few minutes.
back top top »