E-mail :: Print
The Charter Support Staff provides support for the connectivity between a cable modem and a personal computer. Charter also provides support for Charter Security Suite and our Home Networking product.
In order to provide you with further support we have created the following self-help information.
Configuring the Security for the Charter Home Networking Product
- Directly connect the Ethernet wire to the computer from the Charter Home Networking Product. Then open the web browser window to test for an internet connection. If no internet connection exists, check cable connections and power cycle the Charter Home Networking Product. Enter in the web browser: http://192.168.0.1. Enter “admin” as the User name: and “password” as the Password:. Click “OK”.
- Click on Wireless Settings
- Change Wireless Network Name (SSID) to a name that is recognizable. The example below displays “CharterSub”. This can be named anything.
- Select Wireless Channel of 1, 6, or 11
- Ensure the checkbox next to Enable Wireless Access Point is checked.
- Set Security Option (WEP) to 64-Bit Encryption strength. (128-bit or other Security Options are available)
- Enter Passphrase for Keys (Example:charterxxxx) This field is case sensitive.
- Click Generate Keys and write down the Wireless WEP Key 1
- Click Apply
This completes the wireless security setup. Note: The Charter Home Networking Product is set up with 128-bit WEP encryption by default.
Would you like more internet help? Click here for Internet Help Topics.