E-mail :: Print
Effective September 6, Charter will no longer sell TiVo Premiere from Charter service to customers. We are currently evaluating the integration of TiVo software and other software into our next-generation video delivery platform. Customers that own Retail TiVo equipment are not impacted with this change. Click here for information about Charter TV packages.
Buying movie tickets with Fandango
TiVo partners with Fandango to bring you convenient movie information. With your TiVo Premiere, you can check show times for your local movie theaters and purchase tickets in advance!
Movie tickets and showtimes are a few clicks away.
- Press the TiVo button to go to TiVo Central, and then do one of the following:
- On TiVo Premiere with HD menus: select "Showcases & Extras."
- On TiVo Premiere with SD menus: select "Music, Photos, & Showcases."
- Select "Browse and Buy Movie Tickets."
- If this is your first time using this service, enter your zip code and press SELECT. If you have used the service before, simply press SELECT to enter "Movies Central."
- From "Movies Central," browse for the movie you'd like to see, then press SELECT.
- From the "Movie Details" screen, select "Find Showtimes."
- Use the arrow keys on your TiVo remote to choose a date, a theater, and a time from the provided lists.
- On the "Choose Tickets" screen, select the number of tickets you'd like to purchase. As you add tickets, the "Buy Tickets" button displays your total purchase.
- When you're finished adding tickets, select "Buy Tickets."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your credit card information. The final credit card screen will allow you to review your order. If the order details are correct, press THUMBS UP three times to confirm your purchase. To make a change, press the LEFT arrow to go back.
- You have the option of printing your tickets at home or using the Fandango kiosk at the theater (check with your theater for availability).
back to top »
How to press Thumbs Up for more
When the thumbs up icon appears on your TV screen, you can press the THUMBS UP button on your TiVo remote control to learn more about what you’re viewing. From watching movie trailers to setting up recordings for new shows, there's lots you can do while the show you were watching stays paused.
Keep your eyes open for the Thumbs Up icon
If you're watching live or recorded TV and a promotion comes on for an upcoming program or a cool new product or service, you may spot the thumbs up icon in the corner.
- When you see the thumbs up icon, press THUMBS UP on your TiVo remote.
- You’ll see an opportunity to record the featured show, or view a product Showcase.
Note: If you hear a chime while fast-forwarding through commercials, you may have passed a cool product offer or an opportunity to record an upcoming show. Press PLAY when you hear the chime to see the offer.
back to top »
How to check out Showcases
Showcases let you see exclusive videos like the inside scoop on hit movies, special events, and popular series, and demos of the latest gadgets and services.
Showcases are updated all the time. To check out what Showcases are available today:
- Go to TiVo Central, and then do one of the following:
- On TiVo Premiere with HD menus: select 'Showcases & Extras' > 'Showcases.'
- On TiVo Premiere with SD menus: 'Music, Photos, & Showcases' > 'Showcases.'
- Click on the Showcase that interests you, and prepare to be dazzled!
- Showcases may contain video clips, including exclusive short films, promotional spots, and movie trailers. Viewable clips are marked by the clapboard icon .
Try a gold star
Some Showcases are accessed from a special promotion on TiVo Central or in other menus. When you press SELECT on a gold star promotion you'll be taken to a Showcase where you can learn more about that product or service.
Request more information.
Request more information
Some Showcases offer the opportunity to request more information by mail, or by email. TiVo respects your privacy, so your contact info is private unless you request it to be shared with a promotional partner.
back to top »