E-mail :: Print
Effective September 6, Charter will no longer sell TiVo Premiere from Charter service to customers. We are currently evaluating the integration of TiVo software and other software into our next-generation video delivery platform. Customers that own Retail TiVo equipment are not impacted with this change. Click here for information about Charter TV packages.
Connecting your TiVo Premiere wirelessly (Wireless G network)
Before you begin to connect your TiVo Premiere to your wireless network, make sure that you are using a wireless G network and have the TiVo Wireless G USB network adapter (sold separately).
- Connect the TiVo Wireless G USB network adapter to one of the USB ports on the back of your TiVo Premiere.
- Place the adapter on a flat surface in an open area, and open the adapter until it clicks into place. This is the optimum angle for wireless performance.
- Press the TiVo button on your remote control to go to TiVo Central. A new message will be waiting for you, indicating that a network adapter has been detected. If you do not see a new message, proceed to Step 5.
- Select "Set Up Network" at the bottom of the message. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your network settings.
- If you do not receive a new message, or if you ever need to modify your wireless settings:
- From TiVo Central, select 'Settings & Messages' > 'Settings' > 'Network & Phone.'
- Select "Change Network Settings." The on-screen instructions will help you configure the adapter for your network. You'll need to know your network name and your network's password/key (if any).
The adapter's link indicator blinks slowly while it searches for your network. Once the adapter is connected, the link indicator stops blinking. If the adapter is unable to find your network, reposition the adapter to face your wireless hub. During data transmission, the indicator flickers rapidly.
Connecting your TiVo Premiere using a wired connection
Before you begin to connect your TiVo Premiere to your wired network, make sure that you have an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your TiVo Premiere, or to the Ethernet adapter.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your network router or hub.
- Press the TiVo button to go to TiVo Central.
- Select 'Settings & Messages' > 'Settings' > 'Network & Phone.'
- If you are connecting to the wired network for the first time (this will have been completed by your installer) select "Connect to the TiVo service now"." If you are already using a network connection and you want to change your network settings, select "Change Network Settings."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your network settings.
back to top »