E-mail :: Print
How to Place Calls
You can place calls with Charter Phone the same way you always have.
For calls within your own service area:
- Dial the seven- or 10-digit phone number.
For calls outside your service area:
- Dial 1+ area code + seven-digit phone number.
- Dial 011 + the country code + the phone number.
How to Place Operator-Assisted Calls
To contact your operator, dial 0. Operator-assisted calls are billed on a per-use basis depending on the service requested and your Charter Voice subscription.
- A caller can contact any number by using a pre-paid calling card.
- A caller can contact any number by calling collect and the automated system will request payment for the call.
For all other inquiries, a caller will be prompted to dial 0 to reach a live operator. The live operator will be able to assist with the following services.
- The operator must reach the requested person to connect the call.
Bill to 3rd Party
- The operator contacts one phone number and requests that the call be charged to another designated phone number.
Busy Line Verification
- The operator will check a phone number to verify whether there is a conversation on the line.
Busy Line Interrupt
- The operator will interrupt a conversation on the line that was verified as busy.
General Assistance Inquiries
- The operator can assist with things such as time of day, dialing assistance (including local/long distance and international).
Emergency 911 Call Handling
- The operator can assist with any call requiring emergency services.
For prices or to restrict incoming collect and/or third-party calls contact Customer Care at 1-888-438-2427 or dial 611 from your home phone number.