E-mail :: Print
The information below will assist you in locating your wireless connection option to add a network that will allow you access to the internet.
- Click on the Start button. Then click on the Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Network Connections icon in the Control Panel. If the screen does not look like the one pictured below, click on Switch to Classic View in the top left of the Control Panel.
- Locate and right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon. Select View Available Wireless Networks.
The Wireless Network Connection window will appear displaying available networks. On the right side click on your network, it will be the SSID that was set in the Charter Home Networking Product internal page. Then click on the Connect button on the bottom of the page.
- Next a box will pop up asking for the Network Key. Your Network is your Charter WiFi password. Click here for help with finding your WiFi name and password
A box will pop up showing Windows is trying to connect to your wireless network. Wait until this process finishes.
The Wireless Network list will open up again.
- Confirm that it says "Connected" on the right side of your Wireless Network. Open Internet Explorer and check for a connection.
Click here for Internet Help Topics, providing you with several support selections.
Click here for Charter Wireless Home Networking information, which provides you with guides, videos and diagrams.